Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mi Obsesión





My Current Obsession.
Cuba. and the people in it. This is from the Movie "Habana Blues". Check it out.

Lyrics and (rough) Translation:

Hoy, miro a través de ti, las calles de mi habana
Tu tristeza y tu dolor, reflejan sus fachadas,
Es tu alma y soledad, la voz, la voz de esta nación
Cansada
Solos tu y yo, en la ciudad dormida
Solos tu y yo, besando las heridas
Hay habana
Cada vez te olvidabas más de ti, para apoyar mis sueños
Pero sé que lastimé tu corazon, jugando con tus
Sentimientos
Fue la luz, esa que robé dejando a oscuras tus deseos, eh, eh
Solos tú y yo, en la ciudad dormida
Solos tú y yo, besando sus heridas
Habana
Y tengo que dejarte ir, poniendo el mar entre los dos
Pagando el precio de otros que viven de la
Contradicción
Otra familia que quedó marcada por la separación
Como luchar, con ese sol con la política y con dios



Today, I look through you, the streets of my Havana
Your sadness and your pain, reflected in its facades
It's your soul and your solitude, the voice, the voice of this tired nation

Alone you and I, in this sleeping city
Alone you and i, kissing it's wounds
Habana

Every time forgetting yourself to support my dreams
But I know I hurt your heart, Playing with your feelings
It was the light, that which I stole from you, leaving your dreams in darkness

Alone you and I, in this sleeping city
Alone you and i, kissing it's wounds

And i have to let you leave, putting the sea between the two of us
Paying the price of others that live in contradiction
Another family marked by separation
Like fighting, with that sun and that policy and with God.

No comments: