Saturday, May 17, 2008

The weather is shaping up again! it has been raining for a week or so now and it was getting to be a bummer. i need my daily hour of sunshine or i get cranky!

finals are finally coming up. :( again with the catching up with the hundreds of pages of texts and what not. but it will feel good when they are over! (not because the semester is coming to a close, because frankly i'm not too excited about going home. simply for the fact that i don't have any more silly finals at complutense to stress out about).

things are pretty tranquilo aqui. still attempting to learn italian (which many of my italian friends have told me is a useless ability). lol. at least i'm still learning to cook italian. and a little czech goulash too.

i've also spoken with a couple of my friends back home, and they've been telling me how much things have changed and continue to change back home. not necessarily for the better, and not necessarily the people themselves, just circumstances and dynamic are changing. i guess that's ok. my roommate adeline has already told me that it's common for students who do year-long (even semester-long) study abroad always end up gravitating towards each other to reminisce about their old international friends and complain about being home. haha. i suppose i wouldn't mind that. especially since a lot of my friends are graduating or moving away! it'll be good to identify with people who have the same feelings/experiences.

i was going to go to the sigur ros concert with some really awesome people, and it was going to be freaking amazing to see them again, but it turns out i mixed up my months, and i'll be missing the concert and a couple of my friends by about a month and 3 days. tronzo. :(

on the lighter side, roberto and i decided where we are going to go in italy for a few days right before i leave for the states... we're going to camp out. :-D




1 comment:

Cassidy Shearrer said...

I tagged you-check my blog for the rules!