Monday, November 19, 2007

Humla

i talked to my whole family last night on SKYPE. My mom and dad and brother and brother´s girlfriend Taylor and Bill and Karen (who aren´t family but might as well be). I even said hello to my dog, Max (which is a special treat because he´s an outside dog). I laughed at them, especially my mom when she said ¨flamingo¨ instead of ¨flamenco,¨ and at Karen when she used the f-word a couple times to express how much she loves me.

I´m sick, but i blame it on the Spanish weather and Sex and the City. It doesn´t help when you don´t sleep, and then watch all the episodes a second time, with commentary.

Strangley enough, that show has made me emotionally (though i hate to admit it) realize how much i love home, and how i´ll always have that to go to. My identity, though formed and changed by my experiences WHEREVER i am, is rooted at home. It´s where i learned to love people.

I have this friend Cassidy, who, when she cooks incredible things like falafel and cookies and peanut sauce, graciously and without hesitation, offers me "as much as i want". She also offers me time in her apartment to use internet (free for me, only a short 15 min walk), hot tea, and a hug and an "aw" when i´m being homesick.

Love her. She´s legend.

Life is so real! Live it! I´ve spent time fantasizing about what europe would be, and was wanting to be there so very promptly, so much that i wasn´t living at home, with the people that love me! Now, it hasn´t lived up to my impossibly high expectations, and has only left me to wonder what else is missing. How much more can i want want want without realizing it´s amazing amazing amazing?!

This place is AMAZING! I love MADRID! and i love the people! and the Panaderías!

and don´t you forget it!

Happy Thanksgiving! Share some turkey with someone who doesn´t have any. :)

I´ve learned a new English word (from real English people of course): Fiddlybit. Estaría dicho a menudo y con mucho cariño.





No comments: