Tuesday, November 13, 2007

In Love

Is it possible to miss a place that isn't home? Not only that, but a place that you were only in for 5 days?
I've fallen in love with Paris. Everything about it is beautiful. The buildings have antique designs but at the same time in a very clean, modern way. There is a monument of some kind around every corner. The river that divides the city is incredible, with the glowing lights under the bridges at night.

French is a beautiful language.

Couch surfing rocks. We stayed with the coolest people. The second apartment we stayed in was an apartment right around the corner from the Eiffel Tower, and the two guys that lived there, Felipe and Fred, were so funny and nice. They even took us to a local bar and we had an amazing time. It was so good to get to know them, and they were so welcoming and friendly and trusting. They lent us their keys to get into their apartment. What if everyone could be that trusting of human beings? It's funny but it makes me feel like there IS some sort of unity in human kind. We can help each other like i think we're supposed to, like i think we need to. We can be selfless and trusting and accepting of everyone. Couch surfers are incredible people. it was a humbling experience.

It was Fall in Paris. It was cold and the air was moist. and i actually saw trees that were different colors which gave me that warm feeling of home that i had been missing this fall season.

There's something about that city that made me feel more beautiful. I don't know what it was.

Thanks to Pat and Cas for making it fun/funny. I laughed a lot this week, and hard.
Pat was tired of Cassidy and I saying how much more we liked Paris than Madrid. What is it about Madrid that I am not in love with? I was captivated with Paris.
What is IT?

1 comment:

Cassidy Shearrer said...

I could have written everything here. I feel exactly the same way. I was humbled by couch surfing and it made me believe in world peace. I felt more beautiful there too, perhaps it was because we felt more at home and were happier. How DO we fall in love with Madrid?